IRP (Irish residence Permit) is a card that shows a piece of information about you. The person needs this cards when is a non-EU/EEA and non-Swiss citizen, be aged 16 or older, and is going to stay more than 90 days in Ireland.
The Card includes:
If you are going to study English, your expiration date for the IRP is 8 months.
An IRP costs €300 per person every time you register and renew. You may also have to pay for a new IRP if your current card is lost or stolen.
What do you need?
Step 1 – Look at your documentation:
An English Student speeding more than 90 days in Ireland needs to have all the documentation to get the IRP. So here is what you need:
- An English Student studying more than 90 days in Ireland needs to have all the documentation to get the IRP. So here is what you need:
- A valid Passport
- 3000 euro proved thought statement
- Heath insurance
- School Letter (full-time Course)
- 300 euro – The price that you have to pay to get the card
Step 2 – Book your appointment:
Two years ago students had to spend hours in a queue outside the immigration until they could get the visa. Nowadays, the process is so much easy, and you need to book an appointment only and bring your documents, no more hours outside waiting its necessary.
Here is the link to get your IRP Appointment: https://burghquayregistrationoffice.inis.gov.ie/
Dublin Address: 13/14 Burgh Quay, Dublin, D02 XK70
Step 3 – What do you need to bring on the day of the appointment?
- Be there on time – on the website they say for you to arrive 10 minutes before.
- Don’t forget to print the appointment and bring with you – At the reception, you have to show it.
- Be careful with the category of your visa, if it’s the wrong one your appointment can be cancelled.
- Check your documents; please make sure that you show them everything correctly.
That’s it. I hope that you enjoy our tips and ICOT team wish you good luck in your process!
Please, let us know your questions leaving a comment 🙂