ICOT College grounds for a refund or partial refund of fees:
a) Irish Study Visa extension refusal (for students who are not successful in obtaining their visa). Any application for a refund must be made in writing and must be accompanied by both a copy of the rejection letter from the GNIB and a copy of their stamped passport. Please note: the rejection letter issued by the GNIB will be evaluated by the College in order to assess grounds for any refund. All original letters issued by the College along with the student’s GNIB card must be returned to ICOT College administration before any refund can be considered.
b) Illness or disability suffered after the student’s enrollment has been confirmed. In any such instance, a doctor’s certificate would be required to confirm.
c) Upon arrival in Dublin, should any student be refused access into Ireland for any reason, any application for a refund must be made in writing and be accompanied by both a copy of the rejection letter from the GNIB and a copy of their stamped passport. Please note: the rejection letter issued by the GNIB will be evaluated by the College in order to assess grounds for any refund.
- A refund will only be granted in respect of fees which have been paid for the most recent year in which (a) or (b) occurs. There is no automatic right to a refund of fees if at any time a student changes his/her mind about studying at ICOT College.
- After course commencement, any student wishing to submit a refund request for any reason other than those specifically detailed above (a, b or c) will be required to have achieved a minimum attendance of 85% in accordance with GNIB student visa requirements at the time of request.
- If a student withdraws after course commencement no refund will be given.
- All course cancellations must be made in writing using the Academy’s “Tuition fees Refund” form before course commencement date.
- If a Student changes their course of study during their semester, no refunds will be given where the revised course involves fewer subjects.
- Students that are found to have provided incorrect information, resulting in their visa being refused, shall be exempt from any form of refund.
- Please note an Administration fee of €300, plus €150 for health insurance fee (if already applied) and plus €150 for learner protection (if already applied), will be deducted from all refunds given.
- If you miss your flight or it is delayed you must notify the school or your agent in advance, otherwise the transfer will not be refunded.
- Also, if you give up or stop staying at the accommodation during the period booked, a refund will not be given.
If the refund is applicable, it must be requested online through www.icot.ie (Request Form). The period for refund is from 6 to 10 weeks.